Friday, July 9, 2010

WE HAVE TRAVEL APPROVAL

Our adoption agency called an hour ago to say that they had received an email from the CCAA saying we had travel approval. YAHOO :)

I think I am a little in shock. This is what we have been praying for, hoping for, longing for now it's here it's like, oh ???? we are actually going to China in 13 days :).

What does this mean?

Well - once our adoption agency receives the official TA in the mail next week they will apply for a consulate appointment for us in China. As long as we can get an appointment for the week of the 2nd - 6th of August we will travel on July 22nd. We can't by are airline tickets until we have the consulate appointment.

Unlike with Mia's adoption, I haven't done a lot to plan for our trip. It's kind of like having a second child, you are much more relaxed. With Mia's adoption, I had packing list 3 months before we went :). So now I need to put my skates on.

Our family is about to change forever and we can't wait.

I have to just add a quick fundraising report we are now over $2000 amazing, when we started this I was a little nervous that we wouldn't even make the cost of the ipod touch - oh how are faith can be so weak at times. I am overwhelmed by every ones generosity and the goodness of God in our lives.

This has been a week of good news. Chris found out he had been accepted into graduate school, and we got travel approval for Lily :). Just last week our life was filled with so many uncertainties, how quickly things change.

Lily just 16 more days and you will be in our arms.

4 comments:

alisa said...

Congrats!!! Godspeed to your sweetie-pie!!!

Lyn Hopkins said...

SO excited for you Rachel!! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. "A joy shared is doubled. A burden shared is halved" :-)
Love Lyn

Jennifer said...

Can't even to begin to tell you how happy I am for you Rachel!!!! I can't wait to follow your journey again! :) HOORAY!

Gary and Michelle said...

That is such exciting news. We will continue to follow your journey and rejoice with you as the Lord adds to your family.

Michelle