Thursday, July 1, 2010

One Final Fundraiser

We are almost there :) !!!!! This should be the month we travel to China to bring our precious daughter home. I say should, because if there is one thing I have learnt from adoption and that is things never seem to happen quite how you expect them to. None the less we are pretty confident the time is getting close, just typing that brings tears of joy to my eyes, I can NOT wait to hold my baby girl.

As all of you know that have been following our journey to Lily adoption is very expensive. Can we afford to raise another child? Yes we can. Did we have the $30,000 sitting in the bank that we have needed to bring her home when we started this journey? NO. Is she worth every penny, and all the sacrifices? Yes she is. The reality is we would not be able to do this if it was not for the amazing generosity, love and support of family, friends and even strangers. You are not all able to adopt, but by helping us you have played a major part in saving Lily's life, and for that we are so grateful. My heart aches for all the motherless and fatherless children in this world, how I wish they could all know the love of a parent - I know I can not save them all, but I know without a doubt Lily is ours, our family will not be complete until she is in it.

Travel to China, and travel in China this time of year is crazy expensive, we had hoped to use air miles, but that is not going to work so .........

Here goes one final fundraiser, please don't feel under any obligation to give you have already been so generous, we know times are tight for everyone, if you would even just like to spread the word on your facebook page, or blog that would be amazing.


HOW IT WORKS - we are asking you to donate $10.00 - that will earn you ONE entry in a raffle to win an ipod touch. If you would like to donate more, for every $10.00 you give you will earn another entry, there are no limit to the number of entries you can earn. Fundraiser will end on July 16th.

To donate go to our PAYPAL button, make sure you leave your email so that we can notify you if you win.

For the blogging world out there, if you link this to your blog, you will earn another entry, just leave me a message on here. For those of you on facebook, you will also earn another entry if you put this on your facebook page, I have created a facebook page called I am helping to bring Lily home - fundraiser. If you link this to your facebook page, leave me a comment under this post so that I can credit you.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Rachel, I just donated to your fundraiser to help bring Lily home. I am a follower of Adeye's blog and found you through her. Today we are getting cleaning and packing to leave tomorrow for my son's heart surgery. He is 15 and this is his first surgery. I pray you get the funds you need and get Lily quickly. I also pray for her surgery and recovery. God bless.

Megan said...

Hi Rachel, I also found you through Adeye's blog, and just wanted to post a note to let you know that I have donated and wish you many miracles along your path to Lily. Praise God for what you are doing. xxx

Amy B. said...

Hello, I also found you via Adeye. I have a little one from China and am waiting for my next one from Taiwan. I love adoption, and I love adoption fundraisers! I wish you the best!

Roxanne said...

I just found you and liked your page on Facebook.. I also donated to your fundraiser. God bless you for everything that you are doing. The world needs more people like you out there. It would be a much better place!!

Candy Duell said...

Good Morning, I love the idea of the fundraiser, and it looks like your doing well so far. Good Luck. I just wanted to let you know I also donated. Good luck!

the H family said...

I came from Adeye's blog too! Praying for you and your beautiful family.

FourMileFarm said...

Hi!
We linked to you on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000181414183
Praying that the Lord will provide the rest of the money you need.
Rachel