Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lily's journey to a stronger heart - 4

Our girl is back - and we couldn't be more happy. We have had a couple of great days. She gained weight today - although it was slight we will take it.

We are starting to work towards discharge home - maybe tomorrow, maybe Saturday. She will come home with a feeding tube in her nose to help her continue to gain weight. She hasn't pulled it out today so that is progress, yesterday she pulled it out twice. I think she is learning - if she pulls it out it has to go back in :). Chris is learning all about the tube he has surprised me at how willing he has been to jump right in and do what needs to be done he is an amazing dad.

Here are a few shots of Lily's hospital stay - taken once she was feeling better.



Ethan holding Lily for the FIRST time




Such great big brothers helping push Lily around the unit - first picture of all 4 of my children together :)




Yes glasses are more fun to play with than toys :)





There goes those hands


















Chillin



5 comments:

Jennifer said...

She looks SO much better!! Hooray! :)

Unknown said...

Oh! She looks so much better! I think her color looks better even from the China pictures! So glad she's doing better!!

Heather said...

Just got back from vacation and catching up on my blog reading. I'm praying for Lily and your entire family today. Lily is just a beautiful child! I'm so glad she's doing better and hope she is home soon to play with her siblings!

lisa said...

Rachel,
These are very special pictures, especially the first one with all 4 of your kids together. Glad things are going better. Congratulations to Ethan on his race. Glad Lily is home now. Our GOD is an awesome God!
Lisa F

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to read about Lily having to go into the hospital so soon.

I have commented before, but just wanted to say please email if you want to vent, chat, whatever. Our DD was admitted the day after we returned home from China. It is THE HARDEST thing I've ever done and I can't even imagine what it is like for them.

Our DD had the Fontan just a week after we arrived home. She skipped the Glenn and is doing beautifully. She weighed just 18 lbs. at 35 months. Please let me know if you want to talk or if you have any specific questions. I know their defects are different, but I'd be happy to share anything privately if you thought it would help.

Heart hugs,
Leslie (also with AW)