Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 13 - Oath Ceremony

Today we went to the US consulate. There was about 50 families there all adopting. We each had to have our paperwork verified so that the visa could be issued, and then we took a group oath stating everything was true. Tomorrow we will be given a brown envelope that we are not allowed to open. When we arrive on American soil we give this envelope to the immigration officer, and at that moment Lily becomes a US citizen. It was quite an emotional moment, of coarse I shed a few tears :).


A lot of the paper work we did in the US was all for this moment.


We are spending our last night in Guangzhou eating in our room and relaxing. Tomorrow we leave on the bus for HongKong at 4:00pm. It is a 3 1/2 hr drive. We will be up early the next morning to catch our plane home - wow I can't believe I am saying this.


This may be my last blog entry from China - we'll see what happens tomorrow.


Thank you to everyone that has been following along and left us such encouraging words. I hope you will continue to check in and follow Lily's progress.


It has been an amazing journey, but we are all very excited to come home and see so many of you.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Rachel, what a journey! I think I have become addicted to it. Every morning, as I open my eyes, I reach for my phone to catch up with the latest entry and pictures. I am fascinated by Lily. I spend so much time looking at her with wonderment. Wondering at her life so far, and now at her life to come. I just wished we lived closer so that we could be more involved. I love you. Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, so amazing to see the pictures... can't wait to see you guys in person - with Lilly! I just chipped in a little more and published the blog on my facebook page.... praying that a lot more comes in before the chip in ends!

lisa said...

So happy you are almost on your way home! Glad Lily is doing well. We will be praying you home but will be away from our computer for a week on vacation. So, we will not be able to hear what's going on. Will catch up when we are home. May God bring you all safely home and without any hiccups!

Jenn said...

I've been following along on your journey. I am praying for your travels home specificlly for Lily's heart. As a fellow adoptive mom to a special heart baby I totally understand your uneasinss about the long flight home. We will contiue our prayers and look forward to reading about your homecoming.
<><
Jenn
www.ourjourneytoabbygrace07.blogspot.com