Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Almost Done

Monday I spent all day finishing up paperwork.

I had to make copies of everything, then mail all our documents, except for the I-800A to the US State Department in DC. I also had to enclose an envelope so they could forward the documents to the Chinese Embassy, plus another prepaid envelope so they can return everything to us. I was paranoid I would put the wrong address on the wrong envelope, I checked everything 10 times.

Then I mailed the I-800A to the VA state department, I have already done this with the other documents. Once we get that back we will hand deliver it to DC to be authenticated in a day.

I would love to have everything back so we could be DTC by next Friday, but I am not sure if that will happen. Our adoption agency only sends dossiers to China on Friday's so if not I will have to wait another week.

It was so hard to send my documents off and entrust them to the USPS - praying for there safe return without them there is no Lily.

No comments: