Monday, August 31, 2009

Ummmm

Just a quick update ........

The last week has been hard - We found out last Thursday that our son Ethan's best friend from schools mom died very tragically. She was a lovely women who adored her children and someone I was really just getting to know.

It has been difficult, but we have been able to spend some time with her children, and hope to continue to in the future. We went to a celebration of her life gathering yesterday and was able to meet her extended family and her ex husband who will now have the children. This was important as we want Ethan to be able to continue to see his friend as they will no longer go to the same school.

I defiantly have some regrets, wished I had said more and spent more time with her - life can change in an instant. Our prayer now is that we can be used in any way possible to help her children. I am so proud of my kids at how they have so naturally reached out, with out even knowing it they have eased some of their pain.


Now a quick adoption update : the back ground check saga continues - I now need to get a check for England because I lived there briefly when I was 18- urrrrrr. It can take up to 40 days, and I am still confused as to how to apply. I am mostly frustrated because I could have been working on this 2 months ago - I am mad at myself for missing this. We eventually will get our home study done - I just want it done NOW !!!!!!

No comments: