Friday, June 26, 2009

Camping Fun

Last weekend we went camping at Smith Mountain Lake. I am not a huge camper and never went growing up, well we never went tent camping. Having 3 sisters and no brothers it was never something we wanted to do, urrr yucky spiders, bugs and no electricity!!! I have since been semi-converted, 2 nights is about my limit, but I actually enjoy it - being married to an ex-boy scout has definitely helped. My wonderful husband makes sure we have all the necessities - for me this pretty much means a way to boil water so I can have tea, a mattress to sleep on, and a flushing toilet, we only camp where there are bathrooms - this chick is not really in to out houses !! Do I sound like a spoilt princess - maybe - but I'm ok with that :).

It was a great way to spend Fathers Day weekend. I am married to the most amazing father, and man, he is my best friend. Before we had our first son he had not ever even held a baby, but he jumped in from day one and has been hands on ever since. He has probably changed more diapers than me. We have this on going unofficial competition as to who has cleaned up the most poop, unfortunately I usually win because I cheat and pull the work card - I am a pediatric nurse, so poop is my life :).




It took us a while to remember how to put up the tent, but we got eventually :)



































We went to a drive in movie and saw UP - so much fun, it was a first for the kids.




2 comments:

Adeye said...

How fun---it totally makes me LONG to live closer so that we could join in the fun :(
Drive in's? Heck, I didn't even know they existed anymore. That is the best fun.

Love and miss you so much, precious friend.

Adeye said...

Hi, guys,

Anthony here. Just want to say I really enjoy the blog and the pics! It makes us miss you all the more. You all look great. And as Fernando Llamas used to say: "It's better to look good than to feel good."