Thursday, May 28, 2009

Adoption update

I haven't posted on the adoption in a while so I thought I would give an update.

We are in the process of collecting all of our paperwork. We have to main things to complete.

1. Our Homestudy : this involves multiple background checks, copies of birth and marriage certificates, financial info, physicals for all members of the family, references, and bios on each of Chris and I. A social worker then has to meet with us 4 times. We have already had one social work visit at our adoption agency (AWAA), the other 3 will be at our house.
Next week Chris and I are scheduled for our physicals - something Chris is not looking forward to, as they have to draw blood. I have to admit, even though I am a nurse, I don't like it either.

2. Our dossier : this is all the paperwork that has to be sent to China, this includes a copy of the homestudy, our immigration approval to adopt, and a few other forms.

We can't apply for our immigration approval until our homestudy is complete, it can take 1-2 months for approval, so our goal right now is to get the homestudy done.

We also need to complete the waiting child application with our adoption agency to be approved to adopt a child with special needs.

As you can see the paperwork is extensive, and with our busy lives it is sometimes hard to get it done, but I know it will all be completed in Gods timing. I remember stressing with Mia's adoption that things weren't happening fast enough, but like my sweet husband likes to remind me it all happened perfectly, and if things had been any different, Mia would not be our daughter. A reality I can not even think to comprehend.

1 comment:

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness, friend--I almost fell over--you updated your blog :)

Just kidding! How fun to see all the pics of your precious family. So amazing.

Can't wait to see who the Father has hand-picked to be the new Yeatts.