Saturday, January 19, 2013

LILY'S CATH IS CANCELLED

Due to the hospital having no beds in the cardiac ICU we have had to cancel Lily's cath for next week.  They require her to spend one night in the ICU for monitoring after the cath.  We could take a chance and drive up there, but as they feel it will more than likely be cancelled, and we live 4 1/2 hrs away, we decided it was better to reschedule.

The plan is to reschedule for March

If they results are good, we are hoping for surgery in May.

At first I was disappointed, not that I want her to go through this, I know how terrified of the hospital she is, but it is hard not knowing what is going on inside of her.  She is doing so well outwardly, but we have no real idea as to what her pulmonary hypertension is doing!!

By postponing the cath we aren't changing plans for surgery, we were always shooting for May/June. 

We will now just have to wait longer to find out if she is a candidate for surgery or not

Our journey with Lily is continually teaching us to trust more and more on our heavenly Father, we are not in control - I have to tell myself that over and over again.  Oh how I like to be in control (yes I am a bit of a control freak)!!

No comments: