Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lily's journey to a stronger heart - 12 (cardiac cath) pt. 2

HER HYPERTENSON HAS COME DOWN

wow just seeing those words brings on tears

We went into Monday with peace. 

As we were sitting and waiting while Lily was in the cath lab, Chris asked me

"how was I feeling about the results?"

and my response surprised me a little, because I can honestly say I was not worried, concerned or stressed - I felt such a sence of peace, and even excitment and anticipation. 

and it wasn't that I knew that the results were going to be better, I just knew that either way I didn't need to be concerned.

This is different to how I was feeling a few months ago - I had allowed myself to be consumed and overwhelmed by the what ifs,  how long does she have, and how could I bare life without her. I don't know if it was the emotions of the holidays or what but at times it was not pretty (as some of my work buds can testify too).

As I began to get a grip, focus my eyes on my heavenly father, pray, and read the bible - those things that were consuming me, were replaced by peace.  It is not my burden to carry, no matter what Lily's future is it is OK, my job is to love her, enjoy her, not miss a moment because of fear.

How much better is it when we cast our cares on Him

I had actually gone from a place of  dreading the cath to excitement about it.

After the last time, we were prepared to hear anything - but you can imagine the joy we felt as the doctor told us the results.

Her pulmonary hypertension is significantly decreased - so what does this mean

well the doctors and surgeons and other very smart people will meet to discuss Lily's options over the next few weeks.

OPTIONS - wow we have options - last time we were being told, there was nathing else to be done!!!

They will discuss surgery - the question is when and what??

Thank you again for the continued love, prayer and support you all show to our family.

As far as Lily is concerned she is just HAPPY to be home.


3 comments:

rosedel said...

Okay, after 3 minutes of fist pumping in the air and dancing around the computer I can comment. I was so worried. Your mommy gut was right. She does look sooo good and by golly she is doing better. I'll keep praying that the options are positive and Lily continues to do well.

W,M,M,A Davis said...

Wow, Lily is looking so good! What great news to hear that you now have options! Your faith/peace that God is in control is an inspiration to us all. May God continue to bless your little girl!

Merrie & family (from AWAA travel group, 2010)

Jennifer P said...

Glad I found you. Wonderful news for Lily. We are on a similar journey but the doctors have given us no options. Glad you are moving forward. I read through your heart posts and loved your words describing how you have been feeling with all the ups and downs. Thanks for sharing. I've been reminded more than once that there is no guarantee for any of us...