Saturday, October 3, 2009

and it continues.......

After witnessing a miracle Thursday, Chris left Friday morning at 7:45am, to fly to Miami and then Nicaragua. He had an 1 1/2 hr layover in Miami. At 10:30 I got a call from Chris - he was not in Miami, he was sitting on the runway in ORLANDO!!!

Oh my this didn't sound good - apparently a lady on the plane had a heart attack so they had to land at the closest airport. There was NO way he was going to make his connection - unbelievable. Just when you think it is smooth sailing - WHAM - your hit again.

He fineally got to Miami, but they couldn't get him on another flight until 7:00pm, urrrr, the worst part though was that we couldn't get hold of anyone in Nicaraga so no one new what was going on. He fineally arrived at 8pm, I spoke with him, and there was no one there so he checked himself into a hotel, and fineally was able to talk to the team who were now in Somoto - 4 hrs away. This morning he caught an early bus, and got up there by 10:30am - speaking no spanish I'm sure that was an adventure. He is doing great, and not discouraged by all the craziness.

So why did things go so crazy after we saw such a miracle - I don't know, all I know is His ways are better than mine.


Now that brings me to today. I got up this morning to find our cat, Madison had died. He has been with us for 14 years, we got him a month after we were married, our first baby.

Urrrrr, what was I going to do with a dead cat - I know - call the neighbor. Allen, our very kind neighbor came over, removed Madison and dug a big hole in our yard to bury him in - what a blessing, I guess if I had to I could have done it, but I REALLY didn't want to. It's sad to know he is gone, but he was old, and we thought it was getting close.

1 comment:

Adeye said...

Oh what crazy times, my friend. So upside down, hey?
I am so glad Chris EVENTUALLY made it. What a wild adventure.
So sorry about your sweet kitty. Wish I were there to give you a hug. Not a nice thing to have to go through with your hubby away :(
Love you soooooo much, dearest friend.